Written by Energy Reporter -
Energy firm Centrica has been given a nine-year extension to continue production at one of its Norwegian assets.
The Vale development in the North Sea was expected to stop producing this year, but Centrica – which bought the condensate and gas field earlier this year – has been given until 2021 to continue operations.
The Norwegian petroleum directorate estimated Vale held 7.5million barrels of oil and 46billion cubic feet of gas at the start of this year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: World’s biggest shipping line can’t kick its oil habit
- Opinion: OPEC – Short term gain, long term (continued) pain?
- Opinion: From peak oil to peak oil demand in just nine years
- Opinion: LNG to power – the increasingly popular floating regas solution
- Opinion: Decommissioning tax breaks a bad deal for the UK taxpayer