Written by Ian Forsyth -
Industry body Oil and Gas UK has appointed Oonagh Werngren as its new operations director.
The GDF Suez business manager joins the team next month and replaces Paul Dymond, who retires from the post after 10 years.
OGUK chief executive Malcolm Webb said: “We are delighted that Oonagh is joining the Oil and Gas UK team. With her wealth of experience working in challenging oil and gas provinces around the world, she will lead the operations directorate’s work to improve the business environment for companies working on the UK continental shelf and enhance understanding of the dynamics we are currently witnessing. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Dymond for his sterling work on the industry’s behalf.”
Mrs Werngren said: “I look forward to continuing the great work of Oil and Gas UK in creating the right environment for investment on the UK continental shelf.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: World’s biggest shipping line can’t kick its oil habit
- Opinion: OPEC – Short term gain, long term (continued) pain?
- Opinion: From peak oil to peak oil demand in just nine years
- Opinion: LNG to power – the increasingly popular floating regas solution
- Opinion: Decommissioning tax breaks a bad deal for the UK taxpayer