Terms & Conditions
Access and Use
We recommend that you also read our Copyright Policy that summarises how you are allowed to use AJL Content. It also invites organisations that may be using AJL Content without the appropriate permissions to approach us with a view to discussing the purchase of a licence to legitimize that use. The amount of AJL Content that you can view on pandjenergy.com and pandjenergy.co.uk depends on what type of user you are, see our subsrciption terms for ful details
In summary, unless you are a registered user you may not be permitted to view any articles; if you are a trial user, you can view a any number of articles for a 28 day period; if you have a full subscription you can view all of our articles and content. From time to time we may invite specific groups of users to access certain sections of energyvoice.com which may be the same as or different to the access given under either of the subscriptions.
Permitted Use: All AJL Content belongs to AJL or its licensors who own all intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) in the AJL Content and any selection or arrangement of the AJL Content. No intellectual property rights in any AJL Content are transferred to you. You may do the following:
· view AJL Content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with energyvoice.com or any application (this might be your PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet or other mobile device) and store AJL Content on that device for your personal use.
· print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use.
· share links to articles by using the article tools we make available at the foot of each article.
· use spidering technology to search and link to energyvoice.com, provided that you do not infringe the Restrictions on Use below.
On condition that you do not create a Substitute (as defined below), you may also do the following:
· Publish online, the original AJL headline and a link to the AJL article (on energyvoice.com) and the first 140 characters of an article.
· Forward the original AJL headline and a link to the AJL article (on energyvoice.com) and the first 140 characters of an article to other individuals.
· Download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use in accordance with the terms set out at www.energyvoice.com/feed and in our Copyright Policy.We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for AJL Content directly, or which creates revenue from the AJL Content to the detriment of AJL’s own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As specified in the “Restrictions on Use” section below you may not republish or redistribute full text articles. You may however republish or redistribute “Summaries” of AJL articles if you comply with the conditions set out below. “Summaries” can be either an “extract” or an “abstract”. By “extract” we mean 30 words copied verbatim from an AJL article which are inserted into a longer original work . By “abstract” we mean a 30 word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in an AJL article which does not form part of a longer work.
These are the conditions you must comply with in order to produce summaries:
- you source AJL as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “[journalist name] at the AJL reported that”, with a hypertext link from the word “AJL” to the original story published on Pandjenergy.com/.co.uk;
- in the case of abstracts, you make clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating “this abstract from energyvoice.com was produced by [name]”, with a hypertext link from the word “AJL” to the original story published on energyvoice.com;
- you ensure that your summaries do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for AJL’s own products and services (see above for how we define Substitute). The more summaries you create the greater the risk of substitution. No individual or organisation may create, republish or redistribute more than ten summaries in aggregate each day, each one sourced from a different AJL article that is published on the same day you create the summary;
- you do not use or create summaries that promote or endorse any product or service; and
- if AJL notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until AJL reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of AJL articles.
Please note that these rights do not extend to content, data or other material published by AJL that we licence from third parties which you may not republish or redistribute in whole or in part.
Restrictions on Use: You cannot use energyvoice.com or the AJL Content for any unlawful purpose or other than as set out in the “Permitted Use” section above, unless you buy the appropriate licence from us. . By way of example only, this means that you cannot:
· if you are a trial user or subscriber, you cannot share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of the AJL Content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage of energyvoice.com to detect password sharing.
· copy, publish, republish or redistribute, communicate or disseminate to third parties full text articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way.
· copy, publish, republish or redistribute headlines in any way other than as permitted by the “Permitted Use” section above (including as part of any syndication, content aggregation, news aggregation, library, archive or similar service).
· archive or store any of the AJL Content for access by anyone other than yourself.
· create derivative works from the AJL Content, unless you are creating summaries as described in the “Permitted Use” section above.
· photocopy or scan copies of articles (to do this you need a licence from The Newspaper Licensing Agency).
· remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of AJL Content made under these terms and conditions.
· create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any of the AJL Content (by spidering or otherwise).
· frame, harvest or scrape the AJL Content or otherwise access the AJL Content for similar purposes.
· use or attempt to use the AJL Content outside the parameters we set depending on what subscription you have.
Subscription Services and Trial access accountes
We offer subscription services through energyvoice.com
Types of subscription/temporary passes: unless you purchase a subscription or trial access pass to use energyvoice.com then your usage rights will be limited. You may obtain broader usage rights by purchasing an energyvoice.com subscription or trial access pass. For companies we also offer a bundled subscription which allows you to purchase multiple user rights at a discounted license cost.
Contract formation: AJL will try to process your subscription or trial access pass promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription or trial access account will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription or trial access account. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription or trial access account. AJL reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
Payment details: when you subscribe or purchase a trial access account you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription or trial access account using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription or trial access account and may in suspicious circumstances contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities/other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. If you buy a subscription or trial access account using a corporate credit card than we will treat your subscription or trial access account as being for the benefit of both you and the relevant company.
Pricing: the subscription price will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages or otherwise during the sign-up process and may vary from time to time or by country. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you take out your subscription. AJL will charge you in British Pounds Sterling.
Pricing errors: if we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription at that price, and reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription or and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
Other costs: in addition to any subscription fees you pay, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing pandjenergy.com/.co.uk or using the services available on it. For example, if you use any of our mobile services then your network operator may charge you for data or messaging services.
Trials:. No more than one trial per subscriber is allowed in any twelve month period.
Renewals: We will send you an email letting you know when your annual subscription is close to ending (unless you have already told us that you wish to cancel your subscription).
Cancellations by you and refunds: unless you cancel your subscription before we have started providing any part of it to you (in which case we will provide you with a full refund), then you agree that once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, you do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. This means that you are not entitled to a refund once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period. You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our Customer Services team at email@example.com
Cancellations by us: AJL reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. You will not be entitled to any refund in these circumstances. If however we terminate or suspend your subscription for any other reason and/or permanently cease publishing energyvoice.com, the AJL Content or cease to provide subscription services then, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will provide you with a pro rata refund to your credit card, which means that we will refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription.
These terms and conditions apply for the benefit for any or all of the above entities who may rely on them and/or enforce them in their own right.