Wood Group has acquired the operations of all subsea engineering services for the integrity of the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project, offshore Western Australia.
Operations of all subsea assets and the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project‘s gas export pipeline will be supported under the contract.
Wood Group are continuing the development of the project to which they’ve given support for 12 years.
Bob MacDonald, CEO of Wood Group’s specialist technical solutions business, said: “We are proud to support the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project’s successful production from one of the world’s largest liquefied natural gas developments. We have applied our global expertise and technical capabilities to support the development for over a decade.
“Our focus will be applying our detailed knowledge and our extensive global experience of supporting subsea operations, to create value-driven solutions that assure the long-term integrity of the Ichthys LNG Project’s subsea system.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?