Wood Group has acquired the operations of all subsea engineering services for the integrity of the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project, offshore Western Australia.
Operations of all subsea assets and the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project‘s gas export pipeline will be supported under the contract.
Wood Group are continuing the development of the project to which they’ve given support for 12 years.
Bob MacDonald, CEO of Wood Group’s specialist technical solutions business, said: “We are proud to support the INPEX-operated Ichthys LNG Project’s successful production from one of the world’s largest liquefied natural gas developments. We have applied our global expertise and technical capabilities to support the development for over a decade.
“Our focus will be applying our detailed knowledge and our extensive global experience of supporting subsea operations, to create value-driven solutions that assure the long-term integrity of the Ichthys LNG Project’s subsea system.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’