Launching a business in the United States from another country can be exhilarating and challenging, and often, frustrating. That’s where the international professionals at PKF Texas can help. For more than 20 years, we’ve been serving the international entrepreneurs’ business advisory, tax, and accounting needs to help them focus on operating their businesses more profitably.
From this experience, we’ve tailored a menu of services that we believe are crucial to the early stages of your business in the U.S. We’ve put them into one scalable package, that not only can position your company for stability and growth, but that can also help build a solid foundation that provides a base for the future for your company and be attractive to bankers, stakeholders or venture capitalists.
Our process of evaluation and service includes:
• Identify basic business needs and provide sources of solution in areas such as immigration, office space, banking, business legal counsel, U.S. payroll and employment taxes, and employee benefits like health insurance and other insurance protection.
• Identify and address common misconceptions of foreign nationals doing business in the U.S.
• Determine optimal international organizational structure and inter-company business agreements considering business and tax matters such as optimal legal entity selection, debt vs. equity financing, and repatriation of profits to home country.
• Identify and comply with U.S. and state tax filing and reporting requirements including related party reporting issues such as transfer pricing and related party disclosures; and with other transactional compliance related to U.S. withholding taxes.
• Assist with basic U.S. registration requirements including tax identification numbers for business entities (“EIN”) and individuals (“ITIN” or “SSN”).
• Individual tax planning for in-bound employees and executives, including planning before the move to the U.S. and/or establishing U.S. tax residency and also planning for an eventual exit from the U.S.
• Review compensation packages for employees in light of U.S. income taxes, including review/preparation of tax equalization computations, hypothetical tax scenarios, and tax gross-up computations on protected income.
• Business establishment and growth incentives including state and local tax credits and incentives.
• Accounting and bookkeeping assistance ranging from basic bookkeeping, technical support for month-end closing of the books, preparation of internal financial statements, training of employees, U.S. GAAP audits and reviews, and much more.
• Assist with tax controversy matters – Federal, State and Local – including voluntary disclosure programs at both the Federal and State levels.
• Connect with business groups and community leaders who can provide additional assistance.
During our initial consultation, we will evaluate your business to determine the proper framework for your needs. We can also consider, if needed, accounting assistance at various levels along with internal control procedures and software applications and implementation selection. Our ultimate goal is to ensure a Healthy Start® for your new international business or healthy direction for your established business. Sometimes all you need is a little direction.
Please visit www.pkftexas.com