Energy Voice has gone through the archives to take a look back at the top stories from the year gone by.
In November, Chevron achieved first gas from its Alder field.
Meanwhile, it was revealed Total could be moving into offices up for lease from Subsea 7 in Aberdeenshire.
Two Aberdeen hotels were also revealed to have gone into administration as a result of the oil and gas downturn.
Take a look at the top stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level
- Opinion: It’s time to get excited about the North Sea again
- Opinion: Expanding into new sectors – diversifying to survive the oil and gas downturn
- Don’t get used to the amazing cuts in OPEC oil production
- Oil company injects ‘Frankenstein Bug’ into Earth’s core