Energy Voice has gone through the archives to take a look back at the top stories from the year gone by.
In November, Chevron achieved first gas from its Alder field.
Meanwhile, it was revealed Total could be moving into offices up for lease from Subsea 7 in Aberdeenshire.
Two Aberdeen hotels were also revealed to have gone into administration as a result of the oil and gas downturn.
Take a look at the top stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain
- Singapore efficiency even extends to its bankruptcy laws
- Opinion: UK can lead way in designing first nuclear fusion power stations
- Paul de Leeuw: Brexit impact on the oil and gas industry in the UK
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning jobs myth