Energy Voice has gone through the archives to take a look back at the top stories from the year gone by.
In November, Chevron achieved first gas from its Alder field.
Meanwhile, it was revealed Total could be moving into offices up for lease from Subsea 7 in Aberdeenshire.
Two Aberdeen hotels were also revealed to have gone into administration as a result of the oil and gas downturn.
Take a look at the top stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain