Energy Voice has gone through the archives to take a look back at the top stories from the year gone by.
In November, Chevron achieved first gas from its Alder field.
Meanwhile, it was revealed Total could be moving into offices up for lease from Subsea 7 in Aberdeenshire.
Two Aberdeen hotels were also revealed to have gone into administration as a result of the oil and gas downturn.
Take a look at the top stories below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking