From Shell and BG to Baker Hughes’ multiple suitors, 2016 saw a major shake-up in sector’s players line-up.
Find out who decided to combine their lots and who ditched the talk in the gallery below. Click “Read Article” to see the report in full.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level
- Opinion: It’s time to get excited about the North Sea again
- Opinion: Expanding into new sectors – diversifying to survive the oil and gas downturn
- Don’t get used to the amazing cuts in OPEC oil production
- Oil company injects ‘Frankenstein Bug’ into Earth’s core