Victoria Oil & Gas today confirmed plans to raise up to £19.8million ($26million) via a share placing.
Cameroon-focused Victoria said it had made the announcement in response to recent market speculation regarding the fundraiser.
London-listed Victoria said its directors would take part in the placing.
The firm said the proceeds would go towards speeding up its growth plans, which include increasing gas production to help meet demand in Cameroon.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms