Victoria Oil & Gas today confirmed plans to raise up to £19.8million ($26million) via a share placing.
Cameroon-focused Victoria said it had made the announcement in response to recent market speculation regarding the fundraiser.
London-listed Victoria said its directors would take part in the placing.
The firm said the proceeds would go towards speeding up its growth plans, which include increasing gas production to help meet demand in Cameroon.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector