The Brent crude benchmark has hit $60.
As at 16:28 it was sitting at $60.10, up 1.8%.
WTI is also up 2.36% at $53.88.
Almost all the crude indexes are showing positive climbs today.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on