The Brent crude benchmark has hit $60.
As at 16:28 it was sitting at $60.10, up 1.8%.
WTI is also up 2.36% at $53.88.
Almost all the crude indexes are showing positive climbs today.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms