Heavy-oil explorer Xcite Energy has raised £31.5million to help fund ongoing work.
The Aberdeen-based company said the cash – raised through the issuing of loan notes to Canadian firm West Face Capital – would be used to strengthen its balance sheet and provide contingency funding during the first phase of development on the Bentley field.
The firm has also drawn down £2.12million on its equity funding agreement with venture-capital firm Esousa Holdings.
Xcite started drilling the Bentley field last month.
It is carrying out an extended well test on the field using the Rowan Norway jackup rig.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountant urges firms not to ignore Norwegian tax demands
- Opinion: The technical failure that could clear oil glut in weeks
- Opinion: Big Irish Atlantic hopes riding on Druid, Drombeg probe
- Opinion: Don’t hold your breath for deeper OPEC cuts
- Brian Wilson: How reliant should the UK be on imported gas?