Norway has given Swedish firm Lundin permission to drill a wildcat well in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will carry out the drilling campaign on licence area 533.
Lundin operates the licence and holds a 35% stake.
Aker BP also has 35% while DEA has 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on