Norway has given Swedish firm Lundin permission to drill a wildcat well in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will carry out the drilling campaign on licence area 533.
Lundin operates the licence and holds a 35% stake.
Aker BP also has 35% while DEA has 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?