Norway has given Swedish firm Lundin permission to drill a wildcat well in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will carry out the drilling campaign on licence area 533.
Lundin operates the licence and holds a 35% stake.
Aker BP also has 35% while DEA has 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says