Norwegian oil firm Aker BP has agreed to sell 10% interests in the Valhall and Hod fields to Oslo-based Pandion Energy for an undisclosed fee.
In October 2017, Aker BP entered into an agreement to acquire Hess Norge AS, making it the sole owner in the fields.
Aker BP chief executive Karl Johnny Hersvik said: “After we announced the Hess transaction, we have seen strong interest to partner with Aker BP in the Valhall area.
“Through this transaction, we get a partner that shares our ambition of developing the upside potential in these fields”.
The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2017.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people