Norwegian oil firm Aker BP has agreed to sell 10% interests in the Valhall and Hod fields to Oslo-based Pandion Energy for an undisclosed fee.
In October 2017, Aker BP entered into an agreement to acquire Hess Norge AS, making it the sole owner in the fields.
Aker BP chief executive Karl Johnny Hersvik said: “After we announced the Hess transaction, we have seen strong interest to partner with Aker BP in the Valhall area.
“Through this transaction, we get a partner that shares our ambition of developing the upside potential in these fields”.
The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2017.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter