Swedish oil firm Lundin said today that the Hurri exploration well in the Barents Sea was a dud.
Lundin said the Leiv Eiriksson semi-submersible drilling rig would go on to abandon the Filicudi well, which is located in the same licence area as Hurri.
Lundin Norway is the operator of PL533 with a 35% working interest.
The partners are Aker BP with 35% and DEA Norge with 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance