Saudi Arabia has cut its term crude supplies for next month to refiners in India and Southeast Asia.
The move is being made as it looks to comply with an OPEC deal.
Saudi Aramco reduced February term supplies of mainly heavy crude to Indian refiners Reliance Industries and Hindustan Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL) as well as to Malaysia’s Petronas.
Aramco has also cut supplies to another southeast Asian buyer for a second month in February, according to a source.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Mr Clark, challenge Ospar decommissioning rules now
- Opinion: What a Westinghouse bankruptcy could mean for US utilities
- Opinion: Treasury’s North Sea tax paper raises interesting points
- Opinion: Energy Jobline says yes to Sector Mobility within energy
- Opinion: Bridging the energy expectations gap