Saudi Arabia has cut its term crude supplies for next month to refiners in India and Southeast Asia.
The move is being made as it looks to comply with an OPEC deal.
Saudi Aramco reduced February term supplies of mainly heavy crude to Indian refiners Reliance Industries and Hindustan Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL) as well as to Malaysia’s Petronas.
Aramco has also cut supplies to another southeast Asian buyer for a second month in February, according to a source.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Oil price predictions following the OPEC vote
- New privacy law will help oil and gas sector to get more out of data
- Opinion: Today’s Stunted Oil Prices Could Cause Oil Price Shock In 2020
- Production cuts have worked, but we need an extension, Kemp and de Leeuw say
- Opinion: Fuelling change for energy companies of all sizes