Saudi Arabia has cut its term crude supplies for next month to refiners in India and Southeast Asia.
The move is being made as it looks to comply with an OPEC deal.
Saudi Aramco reduced February term supplies of mainly heavy crude to Indian refiners Reliance Industries and Hindustan Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL) as well as to Malaysia’s Petronas.
Aramco has also cut supplies to another southeast Asian buyer for a second month in February, according to a source.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’