Saudi Aramco has reportedly shelved plans for a multi-billion-dollar refining and petrochemical joint venture.
The firm had been due to team-up with Petronas, according to sources.
It is not yet clear why the project has been put on hold.
Officials from Aramco were not immediately available to comment on the matter.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on