Rig builder Lamprell said today that it had finished building another jack-up for Abu Dhabi’s National Drilling Company (NDC).
The Al Hudairiyat is the eighth in a series of nine rigs Lamprell agreed to build for NDC.
Its completion was celebrated yesterday at Lamprell’s Hamriyah facility in the UAE.
Lamprell chief executive Christopher McDonald said: “I am pleased to announce the on-time delivery of this eighth jackup rig to NDC, our largest client, and this helps to cement our deep relationship with this key customer.
“We have been able to prove once again our ability to complete a major project to the necessary high standards and we are proud to construct this latest project in the UAE for use in the UAE, where we have such strong ties.
“This is the 26th new build jackup rig that we have delivered since we listed in 2006 and we are scheduled to deliver the next rig, also to NDC, within a matter of months, as planned.”
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Treasury’s North Sea tax paper raises interesting points
- Opinion: Energy Jobline says yes to Sector Mobility within energy
- Opinion: Bridging the energy expectations gap
- Opinion: Kemp – Mergers and asset transactions on the rise in oil and gas sector
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain