Rig builder Lamprell said today that it had finished building another jack-up for Abu Dhabi’s National Drilling Company (NDC).
The Al Hudairiyat is the eighth in a series of nine rigs Lamprell agreed to build for NDC.
Its completion was celebrated yesterday at Lamprell’s Hamriyah facility in the UAE.
Lamprell chief executive Christopher McDonald said: “I am pleased to announce the on-time delivery of this eighth jackup rig to NDC, our largest client, and this helps to cement our deep relationship with this key customer.
“We have been able to prove once again our ability to complete a major project to the necessary high standards and we are proud to construct this latest project in the UAE for use in the UAE, where we have such strong ties.
“This is the 26th new build jackup rig that we have delivered since we listed in 2006 and we are scheduled to deliver the next rig, also to NDC, within a matter of months, as planned.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- With shale oil production like this, who needs Trump?
- OPEC’s plan for the future is to resurrect the past
- Opinion: Shell may hold clue to future in corner of Cobham
- Opinion: How can the government reboot the capacity market?
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level