Amec Foster Wheeler has won a £60million deal with Centrica for its Morecambe Bay onshore and offshore gas production assets.
The original contract awarded to Amec Foster Wheeler in 2011 is now extended for a further three years to the end of 2019. Around 200 jobs will be secured as a result of the contract extension.
Jim Lenton, Amec Foster Wheeler’s president, Asset Support said:“I’m delighted that the team’s application of our ’More 4 Less’ culture, systems and processes has resulted in this contract extension from Centrica. We are justifiably proud of our safe and efficient delivery across both on and offshore assets.”
The Engineering, Construction and Project Support (ECAPS) contract includes work for operations and maintenance, minor modifications and projects.
The win comes days after Amec revealed plans to be taken over by Wood Group in a £2.2billion deal. Read more here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain