Amec Foster Wheeler has won a £60million deal with Centrica for its Morecambe Bay onshore and offshore gas production assets.
The original contract awarded to Amec Foster Wheeler in 2011 is now extended for a further three years to the end of 2019. Around 200 jobs will be secured as a result of the contract extension.
Jim Lenton, Amec Foster Wheeler’s president, Asset Support said:“I’m delighted that the team’s application of our ’More 4 Less’ culture, systems and processes has resulted in this contract extension from Centrica. We are justifiably proud of our safe and efficient delivery across both on and offshore assets.”
The Engineering, Construction and Project Support (ECAPS) contract includes work for operations and maintenance, minor modifications and projects.
The win comes days after Amec revealed plans to be taken over by Wood Group in a £2.2billion deal. Read more here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance