Italy’s Saipem has signed a deal with Norwegian shipping firm Solstad for the use of the construction support vessel the Normand Cutter.
Solstad Offshore ASA (SOFF) signed the frame agreement with Saipem (Portugal) Comercio Maritime arm.
The agreement will last for four years.
Through this agreement, Saipem can utilize the Normand Cutter to support their global subsea construction activities at pre-agreed commercial terms.
As part of the agreement, Saipem has declared a utilization of approximately six months from June 2017 for a project in West Africa.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: OPEC looks totally bewildered as the oil market reshapes
- Opinion: US power responding to shifting market dynamics
- Road greenhouse gases and air pollution action ‘may bring big tax receipts hole’
- Opinion: Oil price unlikely to increase as oversupply continues
- Opinion: The big green job switch