Zenith Energy has named Michael Palmer as its new chief operating officer.
Zenith allotted one million stock options to the 37-year-old as part of the deal.
The University of Washington grad also completed Columbia University’s Senior Executive Management Program.
Chief executive Andrea Cattaneo said: “I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Palmer as COO for Azerbaijan. Michael has an impressive track record and his considerable technical experience in oil & gas operations, specifically in Azerbaijan, will be greatly beneficial to Zenith. I am confident that this appointment will add significant impetus to our endeavours and will further enhance the strength of our management team.
“I am also pleased to note that Mr. Palmer has accepted stock options as an important part of his remuneration package. This shows his confidence in the future success of our operations and displays his commitment to Zenith.”
Palmer will be responsible for the successful management of Zenith’s operations in Azerbaijan.
He added: “I am extremely excited to join Zenith’s team. I see significant potential for the Company’s assets in Azerbaijan and I look forward to contributing to the achievement of our operational goals.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Oil price predictions following the OPEC vote
- New privacy law will help oil and gas sector to get more out of data
- Opinion: Today’s Stunted Oil Prices Could Cause Oil Price Shock In 2020
- Production cuts have worked, but we need an extension, Kemp and de Leeuw say
- Opinion: Fuelling change for energy companies of all sizes