Japanese oil and gas exploration company JX Nippon started production at its Layang Field on 28 May 2017.
The field, which is located about 7 kilometres east of the producing Helang Gas field, is 75% owned by JX Nippon and 25% owned by Petronas.
Natural gas from both sites will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga. Sdn. Bhd. Liquefaction plant in Bintulu Sarawak, which is partly owned by JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation.
The natural gas will be sold as LNG after liquefaction to its customers, including buyers in Japan.
The initial production of natural gas and condensate from Layang Field is estimated at about 12,000 boed.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain