Japanese oil and gas exploration company JX Nippon started production at its Layang Field on 28 May 2017.
The field, which is located about 7 kilometres east of the producing Helang Gas field, is 75% owned by JX Nippon and 25% owned by Petronas.
Natural gas from both sites will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga. Sdn. Bhd. Liquefaction plant in Bintulu Sarawak, which is partly owned by JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation.
The natural gas will be sold as LNG after liquefaction to its customers, including buyers in Japan.
The initial production of natural gas and condensate from Layang Field is estimated at about 12,000 boed.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance