UK Oil & Gas Investments (UKOG) has now drilled a section of its Broadford Bridge-1 exploration well in West Sussex.
UKOG said it had reached a depth of over 830 metres and will commence an extensive conventional coring programme next week.
The well is under budget and remains on schedule.
UKOG has a 100% interest in the well via its ownership of the licence’s operator, Kimmeridge Oil & Gas.
The well is designed to penetrate four naturally fractured units, the uppermost two units of which flowed at record rates in the Company’s Horse Hill-1 discovery near Gatwick Airport.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance