UK Oil & Gas Investments (UKOG) has now drilled a section of its Broadford Bridge-1 exploration well in West Sussex.
UKOG said it had reached a depth of over 830 metres and will commence an extensive conventional coring programme next week.
The well is under budget and remains on schedule.
UKOG has a 100% interest in the well via its ownership of the licence’s operator, Kimmeridge Oil & Gas.
The well is designed to penetrate four naturally fractured units, the uppermost two units of which flowed at record rates in the Company’s Horse Hill-1 discovery near Gatwick Airport.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking
- Opinion: From Connolly to collaboration
- Opinion: Tech guru unveils new battery to challenge lithium-ion