UK Oil & Gas Investments (UKOG) has now drilled a section of its Broadford Bridge-1 exploration well in West Sussex.
UKOG said it had reached a depth of over 830 metres and will commence an extensive conventional coring programme next week.
The well is under budget and remains on schedule.
UKOG has a 100% interest in the well via its ownership of the licence’s operator, Kimmeridge Oil & Gas.
The well is designed to penetrate four naturally fractured units, the uppermost two units of which flowed at record rates in the Company’s Horse Hill-1 discovery near Gatwick Airport.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain