LPG supplier has been reprimanded by the Health and Safety Executive for failing to take measure to prevent “major accidents” at Mossmorran gas plant in Fife.
Avanti Gas Ltd was issued with an improvement notice by the safety watchdog for” failure to demonstrate that all measures necessary have been taken to prevent major accidents and limit their consequences for human health”.
The improvement notice states that the firm, which has a loading terminal at the gas plant, had not demonstrated that instrumented safety systems of undefined safety integrity level are being adequately managed.
The notice was in regard to barrier installed to provide risk reduction against major accident hazards associated with bulk LPG storage vessel V201.
Avanti Gas has been contacted for comment.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Dirty, difficult, and dangerous – why Millennials won’t work in oil
- Opinion: Oil majors taking sustainable energy tech seriously, at last
- Opinion: Accountant urges firms not to ignore Norwegian tax demands
- Opinion: The technical failure that could clear oil glut in weeks
- Opinion: Big Irish Atlantic hopes riding on Druid, Drombeg probe