Norway has granted Lundin a drilling permit for another well on the Alta discovery in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will drill the well.
Lundin Norway operates the licence with a 40% stake.
Idemitsu Petroleum and Dea Norge each hold 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Dirty, difficult, and dangerous – why Millennials won’t work in oil
- Opinion: Oil majors taking sustainable energy tech seriously, at last
- Opinion: Accountant urges firms not to ignore Norwegian tax demands
- Opinion: The technical failure that could clear oil glut in weeks
- Opinion: Big Irish Atlantic hopes riding on Druid, Drombeg probe