Norway has granted Lundin a drilling permit for another well on the Alta discovery in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will drill the well.
Lundin Norway operates the licence with a 40% stake.
Idemitsu Petroleum and Dea Norge each hold 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be
- Decarbonising the UK: Why are we so cool on heat?