Norway has granted Lundin a drilling permit for another well on the Alta discovery in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will drill the well.
Lundin Norway operates the licence with a 40% stake.
Idemitsu Petroleum and Dea Norge each hold 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on