Norway has granted Lundin a drilling permit for another well on the Alta discovery in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will drill the well.
Lundin Norway operates the licence with a 40% stake.
Idemitsu Petroleum and Dea Norge each hold 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?