Norway has granted Lundin a drilling permit for another well on the Alta discovery in the Barents Sea.
The Leiv Eiriksson rig will drill the well.
Lundin Norway operates the licence with a 40% stake.
Idemitsu Petroleum and Dea Norge each hold 30%.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?