Mexico’s has set the date for the next round of auctions for deep-water oil and gas tenders in the Gulf of Mexico.
The national oil regulator, the National Hydrocarbons Commission, said it will take place on January 31.
More than 30 areas are on offer, 10 of which are in the Cordilleras Mexicanas deepwater basin, viewed as being a high potential region.
The auction will be the first time the basin has been made available to international oil majors, which for decades have profitably developed other fields in US Gulf waters.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain