Norwegian operator Statoil has upgraded a platform – and the move was carried out with just inches to spare at the dock in Norway.
The Njord A platform is being upgraded to give it a double decade life extension.
The 26,000 tonne rig had to be very carefully moved as there was only a tiny amount of space in which to operate.
One of the major parts of the process will be to increase the platform’s buoyancy.
Work was carried out at Kvaerners dry dock at Stord.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?