Norwegian operator Statoil has upgraded a platform – and the move was carried out with just inches to spare at the dock in Norway.
The Njord A platform is being upgraded to give it a double decade life extension.
The 26,000 tonne rig had to be very carefully moved as there was only a tiny amount of space in which to operate.
One of the major parts of the process will be to increase the platform’s buoyancy.
Work was carried out at Kvaerners dry dock at Stord.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says