Shell plans to sell off its 20% stake in one of Iraq’s largest oil fields, a news report said.
The news comes on the heels of the company’s announcement that it will hand back control of the Majnoon oil field to the Iraqi Government.
Shell confirmed that the West Qurna 1 field is currently undergoing a sales process, Reuters reported.
Shell is in the process of selling off $30billion worth of assets as part of a divestment programme aimed at balancing the books following its takeover of BG Group.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?