Shell plans to sell off its 20% stake in one of Iraq’s largest oil fields, a news report said.
The news comes on the heels of the company’s announcement that it will hand back control of the Majnoon oil field to the Iraqi Government.
Shell confirmed that the West Qurna 1 field is currently undergoing a sales process, Reuters reported.
Shell is in the process of selling off $30billion worth of assets as part of a divestment programme aimed at balancing the books following its takeover of BG Group.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on