Norwegian start up Borr Drilling and oil service giant Schlumberger have signed an agreement to offer integrated, performance-based drilling contracts in the offshore jack-up market.
The deal will combine Schlumberger’s global foot print, infrastructure and technical expertise with Borr’s modern jack-up fleet.
Borr claims the integrated offering is the next step in delivering “safe, reliable and efficient” drilling operations.
The company’s chief executive officer Simon Johnson said: “The collaboration with Schlumberger is a key enabler to successfully execute our strategy and deliver a truly differentiated offering to our customers, using innovative business models.”
The companies will also explore opportunities to work together in areas such as training, technology projects, and performance optimization.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain