Norwegian start up Borr Drilling and oil service giant Schlumberger have signed an agreement to offer integrated, performance-based drilling contracts in the offshore jack-up market.
The deal will combine Schlumberger’s global foot print, infrastructure and technical expertise with Borr’s modern jack-up fleet.
Borr claims the integrated offering is the next step in delivering “safe, reliable and efficient” drilling operations.
The company’s chief executive officer Simon Johnson said: “The collaboration with Schlumberger is a key enabler to successfully execute our strategy and deliver a truly differentiated offering to our customers, using innovative business models.”
The companies will also explore opportunities to work together in areas such as training, technology projects, and performance optimization.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people