Norwegian start up Borr Drilling and oil service giant Schlumberger have signed an agreement to offer integrated, performance-based drilling contracts in the offshore jack-up market.
The deal will combine Schlumberger’s global foot print, infrastructure and technical expertise with Borr’s modern jack-up fleet.
Borr claims the integrated offering is the next step in delivering “safe, reliable and efficient” drilling operations.
The company’s chief executive officer Simon Johnson said: “The collaboration with Schlumberger is a key enabler to successfully execute our strategy and deliver a truly differentiated offering to our customers, using innovative business models.”
The companies will also explore opportunities to work together in areas such as training, technology projects, and performance optimization.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter