DNV GL has acquired ComputIT, a specialist independent company for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software and R&D.
“This acquisition brings us world-leading capabilities in the CFD domain,” says Are F. Tjønn, CEO, DNV GL – Software.
“Through this acquisition, we are strengthening our core, and we will add leading CFD analysis capabilities to our digital asset ecosystems, specifically for plants, pipelines and structures.”
With its roots in the offshore sector, ComputIT has also served onshore oil and gas, power generation, chemical, transport, maritime, and construction industries. It has been engaged by governmental bodies for investigation of fire accidents.
“In the future, production has to be at lower cost, but at the same time one has to maintain a high safety level,” says Trond Evanger, CEO of ComputIT.
“This calls for optimized technical solutions, and our background on physical modelling and utilization of digital capabilities together with the specialist competence of DNV GL will be an excellent platform for developing the future industry.”
ComputIT, was established in 1999 and is headquartered in Trondheim, Norway.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on