ConocoPhillips has been granted permission to use the portable drilling rig West Elara for drilling and completion of water injection wells on Ekofisk 2/4 VC.
Drilling is shceduled to begin in this month at the earliest and are expected to last for a year.
West Elara is a recallable drilling facility delivered by Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd in Singapore in 2011.
The facility received compliance queries (CUT) from the PSA in 2011.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain