ConocoPhillips has been granted permission to use the portable drilling rig West Elara for drilling and completion of water injection wells on Ekofisk 2/4 VC.
Drilling is shceduled to begin in this month at the earliest and are expected to last for a year.
West Elara is a recallable drilling facility delivered by Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd in Singapore in 2011.
The facility received compliance queries (CUT) from the PSA in 2011.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter