ConocoPhillips has been granted permission to use the portable drilling rig West Elara for drilling and completion of water injection wells on Ekofisk 2/4 VC.
Drilling is shceduled to begin in this month at the earliest and are expected to last for a year.
West Elara is a recallable drilling facility delivered by Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd in Singapore in 2011.
The facility received compliance queries (CUT) from the PSA in 2011.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: US Iran Sanction – Undoing the JCPOA?
- Opinion: SMES still face energy “perfect storm”
- Opinion: EU data protection rules, the UK’s statement of intent
- Opinion: Unleashing ‘SturgeonPower’ could transform Scotland’s energy landscape
- Opinion: Iran’s a distraction. The urgent problem is Kurdish oil