ConocoPhillips has been granted permission to use the portable drilling rig West Elara for drilling and completion of water injection wells on Ekofisk 2/4 VC.
Drilling is shceduled to begin in this month at the earliest and are expected to last for a year.
West Elara is a recallable drilling facility delivered by Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd in Singapore in 2011.
The facility received compliance queries (CUT) from the PSA in 2011.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people