Total and Eni plan to drill an exploration well off Cyprus in the coming months, a news report said.
Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades told French daily Le Figaro that Total chief executive Patrick Pouyanne had confirmed plans to drill block six despite underwhelming results from block 11.
France’s Total and Italy’s Eni expect to drill later this year or early next year, Reuters reported, citing Le Figaro.
The two companies hold 50% stakes in block six, with Eni the operator.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Thinking differently about change and the value of emerging technologies
- Safeguards essential for travel to ‘most dangerous’ list
- Green campaigners should look at evidence for leaving rigs in place
- World Car Free Day is opportunity to change automotive habits
- Oil and Gas: ready for big data?