State controlled Brazilian oil company PetroBras has asked Odebrecht’s offshore drilling arm to halt operations of a rig, according to a report by Reuters.
It comes after an explosion killed three people in June, the news agency reported.
Petrobras also threatened to cancel contracts related to the Norbe VIII rig, according to an undated Odebrecht internal memo seen by the wire service.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector