State controlled Brazilian oil company PetroBras has asked Odebrecht’s offshore drilling arm to halt operations of a rig, according to a report by Reuters.
It comes after an explosion killed three people in June, the news agency reported.
Petrobras also threatened to cancel contracts related to the Norbe VIII rig, according to an undated Odebrecht internal memo seen by the wire service.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms