The UK Government will provide Saudi Aramco with $2billion in credit guarantees so that the Middle East energy giant can buy goods and services from Britain more easily, Reuters is reporting.
“This builds on previous support for UK exports as part of Saudi Aramco joint venture projects,” a government spokesperson said in a statement.
A spokesman for Britain’s finance ministry said the credit guarantees were not part of the attempt to secure Aramco’s IPO.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms