The UK Government will provide Saudi Aramco with $2billion in credit guarantees so that the Middle East energy giant can buy goods and services from Britain more easily, Reuters is reporting.
“This builds on previous support for UK exports as part of Saudi Aramco joint venture projects,” a government spokesperson said in a statement.
A spokesman for Britain’s finance ministry said the credit guarantees were not part of the attempt to secure Aramco’s IPO.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?