The UK Government will provide Saudi Aramco with $2billion in credit guarantees so that the Middle East energy giant can buy goods and services from Britain more easily, Reuters is reporting.
“This builds on previous support for UK exports as part of Saudi Aramco joint venture projects,” a government spokesperson said in a statement.
A spokesman for Britain’s finance ministry said the credit guarantees were not part of the attempt to secure Aramco’s IPO.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on