Japanese platform supplier Modec has delivered another deepwater Tension Leg Platform (TLP) project for Hess Corporation.
The newly installed Stampede TLP (“the TLP”) is based on a conventional design supporting a gross topsides processing capacity of 80,000 barrels of oil per day and 100,000 barrels of water injection per day.
The TLP is permanently installed on the Stampede deepwater oil and gas field in the Gulf of Mexico’s Green Canyon blocks 468, 511 and 512.
The field is located in approximately 1,067 meters (3,500 feet) of water depth, with a reservoir depth of 9,144 meters (30,000 feet).
Modec was awarded the pre-sanction contract from Hess in May 2013.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms