Japanese platform supplier Modec has delivered another deepwater Tension Leg Platform (TLP) project for Hess Corporation.
The newly installed Stampede TLP (“the TLP”) is based on a conventional design supporting a gross topsides processing capacity of 80,000 barrels of oil per day and 100,000 barrels of water injection per day.
The TLP is permanently installed on the Stampede deepwater oil and gas field in the Gulf of Mexico’s Green Canyon blocks 468, 511 and 512.
The field is located in approximately 1,067 meters (3,500 feet) of water depth, with a reservoir depth of 9,144 meters (30,000 feet).
Modec was awarded the pre-sanction contract from Hess in May 2013.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on