South America focused oil and gas firm Amerisur Resources Plc has spudded another onshore well onshore Columbia.
The latest well marks the 21st of the Platanillo drilling campaign.
It was spudded with rig Serinco D10 on Pad 2N.
Drilling and logging are expected to take approximately 30 days to final prognosed target depth of 9,618 ft.
Platanillo-27 is an appraisal well designed to access the northern part of the accumulation discovered at Pad 2N by well Platanillo-22.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up