South America focused oil and gas firm Amerisur Resources Plc has spudded another onshore well onshore Columbia.
The latest well marks the 21st of the Platanillo drilling campaign.
It was spudded with rig Serinco D10 on Pad 2N.
Drilling and logging are expected to take approximately 30 days to final prognosed target depth of 9,618 ft.
Platanillo-27 is an appraisal well designed to access the northern part of the accumulation discovered at Pad 2N by well Platanillo-22.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance