South America focused oil and gas firm Amerisur Resources Plc has spudded another onshore well onshore Columbia.
The latest well marks the 21st of the Platanillo drilling campaign.
It was spudded with rig Serinco D10 on Pad 2N.
Drilling and logging are expected to take approximately 30 days to final prognosed target depth of 9,618 ft.
Platanillo-27 is an appraisal well designed to access the northern part of the accumulation discovered at Pad 2N by well Platanillo-22.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter
- OPINION: Time to take pumped storage hydro seriously