The fire at a Shell platform in the Gulf of Mexico has had a knock on effect on Hess Corp’s production.
The blaze broke out on the Enchilada platform last week and production has since been shut in across the associated Garden Banks Gas Pipeline system.
Shell advised in a statement on Novemeber 12 that a plan for repairing the damaged portions of the asset is being developed.
Hess production is shut in at its Baldpate, Conger and Penn State Fields. Production is also shut in at the Shell-operated Llano Field in which Hess has a 50% interest.
Hess production at these fields is approximately 30 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance