The fire at a Shell platform in the Gulf of Mexico has had a knock on effect on Hess Corp’s production.
The blaze broke out on the Enchilada platform last week and production has since been shut in across the associated Garden Banks Gas Pipeline system.
Shell advised in a statement on Novemeber 12 that a plan for repairing the damaged portions of the asset is being developed.
Hess production is shut in at its Baldpate, Conger and Penn State Fields. Production is also shut in at the Shell-operated Llano Field in which Hess has a 50% interest.
Hess production at these fields is approximately 30 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up