Austrian energy firm OMV has tied up its deal with Uniper for a 24.99% stake in the Yuzhno Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia for £1.5billion.
OMV chief executive Rainer Seele said : “The closing of this landmark transaction is a further milestone in OMV´s successful delivery on its corporate strategy to establish Russia as a new core region of OMV. Our stake in Yuzhno Russkoye adds 100,000 boe/d to OMV´s production. This boosts OMV´s total production to more than 430,000 boe/d.”
The Yuzhno Russkoye field is one of the largest gas fields in Russia, situated in the Yamal-Nenets region.
Current plateau production of the field amounts to 25billion cubic metres per year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter