Austrian energy firm OMV has tied up its deal with Uniper for a 24.99% stake in the Yuzhno Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia for £1.5billion.
OMV chief executive Rainer Seele said : “The closing of this landmark transaction is a further milestone in OMV´s successful delivery on its corporate strategy to establish Russia as a new core region of OMV. Our stake in Yuzhno Russkoye adds 100,000 boe/d to OMV´s production. This boosts OMV´s total production to more than 430,000 boe/d.”
The Yuzhno Russkoye field is one of the largest gas fields in Russia, situated in the Yamal-Nenets region.
Current plateau production of the field amounts to 25billion cubic metres per year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance