Austrian energy firm OMV has tied up its deal with Uniper for a 24.99% stake in the Yuzhno Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia for £1.5billion.
OMV chief executive Rainer Seele said : “The closing of this landmark transaction is a further milestone in OMV´s successful delivery on its corporate strategy to establish Russia as a new core region of OMV. Our stake in Yuzhno Russkoye adds 100,000 boe/d to OMV´s production. This boosts OMV´s total production to more than 430,000 boe/d.”
The Yuzhno Russkoye field is one of the largest gas fields in Russia, situated in the Yamal-Nenets region.
Current plateau production of the field amounts to 25billion cubic metres per year.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain