Norwegian oil giant Statoil has received consent to use the Askepott mobile drilling facility in order to perform well activity at Oseberg Vestflanken 2.
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway said the consent Statoil has received covers drilling, side-track drilling, plugging and well intervention at the Oseberg Vestflanken 2.
Drilling work was scheduled to commence in October/November 2017 and consent for the work has been given until 2025.
A jack-up drilling facility of the Cat J type, Askepott was built by Samsung this year and is Norwegian registered as DNV GL.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- How to solve Europe’s energy trilemma
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?