Norwegian oil giant Statoil has received consent to use the Askepott mobile drilling facility in order to perform well activity at Oseberg Vestflanken 2.
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway said the consent Statoil has received covers drilling, side-track drilling, plugging and well intervention at the Oseberg Vestflanken 2.
Drilling work was scheduled to commence in October/November 2017 and consent for the work has been given until 2025.
A jack-up drilling facility of the Cat J type, Askepott was built by Samsung this year and is Norwegian registered as DNV GL.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain