A three platform contract has been awarded to Aker Solution from Brazillian oil and gas giant Petrobras.
The deal will see Aker provide maintenance and modifications services for three platforms at Petrobras-operated oil and gas fields offshore Brazil.
The four-year agreement is valued at around £72million with the option of a one year extension.
Aker Solution will provide a range of services as part of the contract such as renovation, repair and upgrade of the floating production storage and offloading platforms, or FPSOs, at the Barracuda, Caratinga and Albacora Leste fields in the Campos Basin.
Luis Araujo, Aker Solutions chief executive officer, said: “Brazil is an important global market and growth area for servicing oil and gas fields. We look forward to helping Petrobras optimize and extend the life of these assets.”
Work is due to begin on the contract in March 2018, with full delivery to be complete by the beginning of 2022.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?