Singapore’s Sembcorp Marine shipyard will build the floating production, storage and offloading vessel for the Energean-operated Karish and Tanin fields in the Mediterranean.
The contract, awarded by TechnipFMC, includes fabrication and integration of various topside modules, as well as installation of owner-furnished equipment.
The FPSO’s hull is about 227m long and 50m wide, with a total oil storage capacity of 800,000bbls and gas production capacity of 8bcm (billion cubic metres) per annum.
Scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2020, the FPSO will in the eastern Mediterranean, about 90km off Israel.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms