Oil and gas firm Echo Energy said drilling had begun on the final well at its Fracción D asset, onshore Argentina, operated by Compañía General de Combustibles.
Echo said the final well, in the western area of the Fracción D licence, targets a Tobifera high identified on 2D data, and is to be drilled to a measured depth of approximately 1,514 metres by the Petreven H-2015 rig.
It is estimated to hold around 60million barrels of oil, with the Petreven H-205 rig being used for the operation.
Echo is carrying out a four well campaign in the region onshore Argentina in a joint venture with CGC.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter
- OPINION: Time to take pumped storage hydro seriously