A major oil find in the Arctic by Norway’s Statoil could contain 350million barrels more than previously thought, it was reported yesterday.
The Skrugard oil find – so far estimated to contain 200-300million barrels, with a potential to hold up to 500million – boosted the interest of oil firms in the Norwegian Arctic when it was discovered last year.
Statoil was not immediately available for comment.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Data ending up in graveyards, not cutting downtime as it should be
- Opinion: Force of law needed to crush gender inequality in oil and gas
- Opinion: New digital resource can reduce risk in an age of fewer workers, longer hours
- Opinion: Dirty, difficult, and dangerous – why Millennials won’t work in oil
- Opinion: Oil majors taking sustainable energy tech seriously, at last