Calendar An icon of a desk calendar. Cancel An icon of a circle with a diagonal line across. Caret An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. Email An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Google An icon of the Google "G" mark. Linked In An icon of the Linked In "in" mark. Logout An icon representing logout. Profile An icon that resembles human head and shoulders. Telephone An icon of a traditional telephone receiver. Tick An icon of a tick mark. Is Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes. Is Not Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes with a diagonal line through it. Pause Icon A two-lined pause icon for stopping interactions. Quote Mark A opening quote mark. Quote Mark A closing quote mark. Arrow An icon of an arrow. Folder An icon of a paper folder. Breaking An icon of an exclamation mark on a circular background. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Caret An icon of a caret arrow. Clock An icon of a clock face. Close An icon of the an X shape. Close Icon An icon used to represent where to interact to collapse or dismiss a component Comment An icon of a speech bubble. Comments An icon of a speech bubble, denoting user comments. Ellipsis An icon of 3 horizontal dots. Envelope An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of a facebook f logo. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Home An icon of a house. Instagram An icon of the Instagram logo. LinkedIn An icon of the LinkedIn logo. Magnifying Glass An icon of a magnifying glass. Search Icon A magnifying glass icon that is used to represent the function of searching. Menu An icon of 3 horizontal lines. Hamburger Menu Icon An icon used to represent a collapsed menu. Next An icon of an arrow pointing to the right. Notice An explanation mark centred inside a circle. Previous An icon of an arrow pointing to the left. Rating An icon of a star. Tag An icon of a tag. Twitter An icon of the Twitter logo. Video Camera An icon of a video camera shape. Speech Bubble Icon A icon displaying a speech bubble WhatsApp An icon of the WhatsApp logo. Information An icon of an information logo. Plus A mathematical 'plus' symbol. Duration An icon indicating Time. Success Tick An icon of a green tick. Success Tick Timeout An icon of a greyed out success tick. Loading Spinner An icon of a loading spinner.

Valhall accommodation platform life extended to 2014

BP's Valhall installation
BP's Valhall installation

Norwegian authorities have given BP permission to continue using an accommodation platform hit by subsidence issues.

Since 2003 BP has been working to replace the accommodation, drilling and process and compression platforms on its Valhall installation in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea after subsidence was found in the seabed.

The Valhall Redevelopment Project, which included a new integrated process and living quarters platform, was approved in 2007 and was meant to be complete by 2010, according to Norway’s Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA).

However, delays meant the 180-bed accommodation module on the new platform only opened this March and now BP says, due to high activity on the Valhall field, more bed space is needed, it said.

Today, the PSA said BP could use the old accommodation platform, installed in 1979, until the end of 2014.

BP says the new combined process-and accommodation platform is expected to start production this year. Once completed it could produce until 2050, the firm says.

Valhall is operated by BP, with 35% equity. Hess owns the remaining 65%.

More from Energy Voice

Latest Posts