An exploration well on the central North Sea Cyclone prospect is being plugged and abandoned after coming up dry.
The well, drilled using the WilPhoenix semi-submersiblem is 70% owned by operator Premier Oil. Antrim Energy has the other 30%.
Antrim said work would continue to evaluate the remaining prospectivity on the licence.
Dublin-based Antrim also said work on its Causeway field, which started production in November, would see water injection and electrical submersible pumps come online mid-2013.
It also said it hoped to submit its field development plan for the central North Sea Fyne field in January.
This is likely to involve the use of the Hummingbird Spirit floating production vessel, contracted from Teekay, with first oil hoped for near the end of 2014.
As reported by the Press and Journal, Centrica Upstream Energy recently extended its contract with Teekay on the Hummingbird for use on the Chestnut field and has options to use it until March 2015.
Stephen Greer, Antrim president and chief executive said: “While we are disappointed with the Cyclone result, the company has made significant progress on its other North Sea properties, including starting production from the Causeway Field, the anticipated start of production from the successful Cormorant East well before the end of the month and, probably most significant, the company securing an export route for oil from the 11.7million barrel 100%-owned Fyne field by contracting the Hummingbird floating production vessel.”