Industry body Oil and Gas UK has appointed Oonagh Werngren as its new operations director.
The GDF Suez business manager joins the team next month and replaces Paul Dymond, who retires from the post after 10 years.
OGUK chief executive Malcolm Webb said: “We are delighted that Oonagh is joining the Oil and Gas UK team. With her wealth of experience working in challenging oil and gas provinces around the world, she will lead the operations directorate’s work to improve the business environment for companies working on the UK continental shelf and enhance understanding of the dynamics we are currently witnessing. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Dymond for his sterling work on the industry’s behalf.”
Mrs Werngren said: “I look forward to continuing the great work of Oil and Gas UK in creating the right environment for investment on the UK continental shelf.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Data ending up in graveyards, not cutting downtime as it should be
- Opinion: Force of law needed to crush gender inequality in oil and gas
- Opinion: New digital resource can reduce risk in an age of fewer workers, longer hours
- Opinion: Dirty, difficult, and dangerous – why Millennials won’t work in oil
- Opinion: Oil majors taking sustainable energy tech seriously, at last