Italy’s Eni has been awarded three exploration and production sharing contracts by Cyprus’ Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism.
They cover offshore blocks 2, 3, and 9 in the deepwater region of the Cypriot sector of the Levantine Basin. The three concessions encompass a total area of about 12,530sq km.
Eni was awarded 80% interest and the operatorship of the three blocks in partnership with Korean Gas Corporation (Kogas), holding the remaining 20%.
The award was the result of Cyprus’ 2nd Offshore Licensing Round completed in May 2012.