Calendar An icon of a desk calendar. Cancel An icon of a circle with a diagonal line across. Caret An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. Email An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Google An icon of the Google "G" mark. Linked In An icon of the Linked In "in" mark. Logout An icon representing logout. Profile An icon that resembles human head and shoulders. Telephone An icon of a traditional telephone receiver. Tick An icon of a tick mark. Is Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes. Is Not Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes with a diagonal line through it. Pause Icon A two-lined pause icon for stopping interactions. Quote Mark A opening quote mark. Quote Mark A closing quote mark. Arrow An icon of an arrow. Folder An icon of a paper folder. Breaking An icon of an exclamation mark on a circular background. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Caret An icon of a caret arrow. Clock An icon of a clock face. Close An icon of the an X shape. Close Icon An icon used to represent where to interact to collapse or dismiss a component Comment An icon of a speech bubble. Comments An icon of a speech bubble, denoting user comments. Ellipsis An icon of 3 horizontal dots. Envelope An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of a facebook f logo. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Home An icon of a house. Instagram An icon of the Instagram logo. LinkedIn An icon of the LinkedIn logo. Magnifying Glass An icon of a magnifying glass. Search Icon A magnifying glass icon that is used to represent the function of searching. Menu An icon of 3 horizontal lines. Hamburger Menu Icon An icon used to represent a collapsed menu. Next An icon of an arrow pointing to the right. Notice An explanation mark centred inside a circle. Previous An icon of an arrow pointing to the left. Rating An icon of a star. Tag An icon of a tag. Twitter An icon of the Twitter logo. Video Camera An icon of a video camera shape. Speech Bubble Icon A icon displaying a speech bubble WhatsApp An icon of the WhatsApp logo. Information An icon of an information logo. Plus A mathematical 'plus' symbol. Duration An icon indicating Time. Success Tick An icon of a green tick. Success Tick Timeout An icon of a greyed out success tick. Loading Spinner An icon of a loading spinner.

Aker wins work on Solan project

Solan field's subsea look-up
Solan field's subsea look-up

Oil service firm Aker Solutions said yesterday it had won a £30million-plus contract to work on Premier Oil’s Solan field.

The £538million project, 99 miles west of Shetland, is to become the first development in more than a decade to use a Scottish-fabricated production platform.

The fixed topsides and jacket of the structure are being built by Fife-based Burntisland Fabrications.

Part of Aker’s three-year deal will include tying back two subsea production and two injection wells to the platform.

The installation, which will not be manned permanently, is expected to produce 40million barrels of oil at an initial rate of 24,000 barrels per day, with first oil due in the fourth quarter of next year. Premier has a 60% stake in the project and Chrysaor the remaining 40%.

Mike Forbes, UK managing director of Aker Solutions’ maintenance, modifica-tions and operations (MMO) business, said: “I am pleased that we are continuing to develop our relationship with Premier Oil and their joint-venture partner on this significant project in a challenging and increasingly important sector of the North Sea.

“Having worked with Premier Oil and Chrysaor on the project since 2010, and having played a supporting role in the sanction of this development and the technology behind it, we look forward to embarking on the next stage of Solan’s evolution.”

Aker’s operations base in Aberdeen, which employs about 2,700 people, will be managing the contract work. The firm is now recruiting 30 permanent staff for the project, which would be among some of the 500 new jobs announced by the company last year. The Solan deal includes two one-year extension options.

The Norwegian Aker Solutions group employs about 28,000 people in more than 30 countries, with about 3,200 staff in London and Aberdeen.

Petrofac said yesterday its Emirates joint venture with Mubadala Petroleum had won a £2.4billion contract for the Upper Zakum field development in Abu Dhabi.

Numis Securities analyst Sanjeev Bahl said the win was worth about £940million net to Petrofac.

The deal follows the oil and gas services provider’s announcement earlier this month of a £330million award for offshore work in the emirate.

More from Energy Voice

Latest Posts