Calendar An icon of a desk calendar. Cancel An icon of a circle with a diagonal line across. Caret An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. Email An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Google An icon of the Google "G" mark. Linked In An icon of the Linked In "in" mark. Logout An icon representing logout. Profile An icon that resembles human head and shoulders. Telephone An icon of a traditional telephone receiver. Tick An icon of a tick mark. Is Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes. Is Not Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes with a diagonal line through it. Pause Icon A two-lined pause icon for stopping interactions. Quote Mark A opening quote mark. Quote Mark A closing quote mark. Arrow An icon of an arrow. Folder An icon of a paper folder. Breaking An icon of an exclamation mark on a circular background. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Caret An icon of a caret arrow. Clock An icon of a clock face. Close An icon of the an X shape. Close Icon An icon used to represent where to interact to collapse or dismiss a component Comment An icon of a speech bubble. Comments An icon of a speech bubble, denoting user comments. Ellipsis An icon of 3 horizontal dots. Envelope An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of a facebook f logo. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Home An icon of a house. Instagram An icon of the Instagram logo. LinkedIn An icon of the LinkedIn logo. Magnifying Glass An icon of a magnifying glass. Search Icon A magnifying glass icon that is used to represent the function of searching. Menu An icon of 3 horizontal lines. Hamburger Menu Icon An icon used to represent a collapsed menu. Next An icon of an arrow pointing to the right. Notice An explanation mark centred inside a circle. Previous An icon of an arrow pointing to the left. Rating An icon of a star. Tag An icon of a tag. Twitter An icon of the Twitter logo. Video Camera An icon of a video camera shape. Speech Bubble Icon A icon displaying a speech bubble WhatsApp An icon of the WhatsApp logo. Information An icon of an information logo. Plus A mathematical 'plus' symbol. Duration An icon indicating Time. Success Tick An icon of a green tick. Success Tick Timeout An icon of a greyed out success tick. Loading Spinner An icon of a loading spinner.

Worley secures services contract for Shell’s Gulf of Mexico assets

© ShellOil majors Rystad
Shell's Appomattox platform in the Gulf of Mexico.

Engineering giant Worley has been awarded a three-year engineering and procurement (EP) services contract by Shell to support five of its assets in the US Gulf of Mexico.

The contract will see the group support Shell’s transition to a digitised project delivery model for the maintenance of offshore assets, as part of the supermajor’s work to continue to lower the carbon intensity of its Gulf portfolio, already among the lowest in the world.

The contract also allows for the future support of the Whale deepwater development, also in the Gulf of Mexico.

Shell has a 60% operated stake in deepwater project, alongside Chevron USA which holds the remaining 40%.

With a final investment decision (FID) having been made last year, the project is due start up in 2024 and will reach 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. It has 490 million boe of recoverable resources.

The recent award will see Worley provide professional services in digital enablement, engineering, procurement and support fabrication and construction.

Services will be executed by the company’s offices in Louisiana, Texas and its engineering teams in India.

“Having worked with Shell for over 30 years, we are pleased to provide these professional services to support Shell on its low carbon journey and support its assets in the Gulf of Mexico,” said chief executive Chris Ashton.

Meanwhile, the Australian-listed group also announced plans last month to expand its net zero efforts in the UK, creating over 1,000 “highly skilled” roles in areas including Humberside, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Recommended for you

More from Energy Voice

Latest Posts