Scottish companies would be “foolish” not to act on the opportunities the Israeli oil and gas sector has on offer, believe the organisers of a new Middle East energy conference.
Industry figures gathered at the Aberdeen’s Town House yesterday to discuss Israel’s current energy market and the investment opportunities for suppliers and operators.
The Lunch and Learn event – first of its kind in the UK – previewed the Universal Oil & Gas (UOG) conference in the Dead Sea, taking place in November next year.
“It’s Israel’s first international oil and gas conference and the event today is to really showcase Israel’s opportunities to the Aberdeen community,” Joshua Beagelman, Universal Oil & Gas’ chief operating officer told Energy Voice.
“Aberdeen 40 years ago did not have expertise and they brought it forward from places like Houston and it’s something Israel can learn from and Aberdeen can help with.”
You can watch our video from the Lunch and Learn event below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain
- Video: What can be heard two miles beneath the sea floor? BP reveals
- Video: What does OPEC’s decision mean for the oil price?
- VIDEO: US oil fills OPEC supply gaps at $60
- VIDEO: 24K tonne Aasta Hansteen platform makes stunning arrival
- Watch: Jennifer Hudson, Pixie Lott star in Shell music video
- Watch: Shark spotted near oil rig