Sound oil has signed a two-month exclusivity agreement with Maghreb Petroleum Exploration to buy a subsidiary of the Moroccan Sidi Moktar licences.
The Sidi Moktar licence covers 3000km2 onshore in the Essaouira basin which contains multiple gas discoveries.
Sound said it is carrying out due diligence and it will issue further updates in due course.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Clinging onto power: Why extending asset life will be key
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance