SacOil, the South African oil and gas operator, has confirmed that Total has finalised 2D seismic date acquisition in the Block III in the Albertine Graben area of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Total, as operator, successfully completed the acquisition of 244km of 2D seismic data and currently the seismic acquisition contractor is demobilising. Sacoil said the survey did not encroach on the Virunga National Park.
Sacoil, which holds a 12.5% effective interest in Block III, said the next step is to process and interpret the seismic data, and integrate the results with the previously acquired gravity and magnetic data.
The acquisition program is in fulfilment of the minimum work program obligations.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on